Paul is a professional genealogist, lecturer and author, specialising in British Isles research for over 30 years. Paul was born and raised in northern England and settled in the US in 1975. He is an internationally recognised speaker on British Isles research and migration.
- NSW: Sat 9 Feb Sydney (north-west Sydney) 9am – 5pm | Hornsby RSL, 4 High Street, Hornsby
- AUS: 10-19 Feb 3rd Unlock the Past history & genealogy cruise
- QLD: Tue 19 Feb Brisbane 1.30pm – 9pm | Broncos Leagues Club, Fulcher Road, Red Hill
- WA: Sat 23 Feb Perth 8.30am – 5pm | State Library of WA, 25 Francis Street, Perth Cultural Centre, Perth
- SA: Tue 26 Feb Adelaide 1pm – 9pm | Unley Town Hall, 181 Unley Rd, Unley
- ACT: Sat 2 Mar Canberra 9am – 5pm | Canberra Irish Club, 6 Parkinson Street, Canberra
- VIC: Mon 4 Mar Melbourne 9am – 5pm | The Celtic Club, 316-320 Queen Street, Melbourne
Want to book a ticket? Click on the individual city links above or go to the Unlock the Past site.
Each seminar will offer a full day, or afternoon and evening, program of:
- four main presentations by Paul Milner
- other supporting short presentations by local and sponsoring partners
- demonstration of the amazing Flip-Pal mobile scanner
- an exhibition – sales and demos from Gould Genealogy & History, Flip-Pal mobile scanner, Unlock the Past, partner/supporting family history societies and libraries and other sponsors
- special offers and hundreds of dollars worth of prizes at each location
Paul has a wide range of topics that he can speak on, and here’s a few that he’ll be presenting at his seminars:
- Finding your ancestors in Scotland: the big five
- Are you lost? Using maps, gazetteers and directories for British Isles research
- Irish Land Records
- Finding Your Welsh Ancestors
- Follow Your Migrating Ancestors
- Overlooked sources for 19th and 20th century Scottish research
- Occupation and Guild records
- Overcoming the ‘dead end doldrums’
- Scottish Kirk Session and Poor Relief records
- Buried treasures: what’s in the English parish chest
- English civil registration: tips for use and problem solving
- Finding your ancestors in Ireland
- Soliciting your ancestors: the records of Stone James and Co.
Inside History magazine will be at as many of the seminars as we can, we’d hate to miss any! If you want any more information, you can call us on 02 9590 9600 or go to the Unlock the Past site.