Can you help? An 84 year old woman searching for her mother’s grave site

0 Posted by - 31 March 2014 - Feature stories

Can you help? An 84 year old woman searching for her mother’s grave site. Please share the story, add your research hints in comments below and help find her resting place.

“”Did you know my mother?” Please help my 84 year old mother Gwen, find her own mother’s grave. Her mother was born Hilda Josephine Hennessey on June 17th 1904, to parents Nellie Hennessey and Sidney Upton of Windsor NSW. Hilda married Albert Hall in 1927. Sadly in 1939 when my mother was only 8 years old her mother abandoned her to run away with the her lover Harry (Henry) Connvery. No one has seen them since. Did you know her? Maybe she was related to you or your friend. We know she has passed by now but would dearly love to find her final resting place and give my beautiful mother some closure before she moves on from this world. We’ve been searching for years!””

Can you help_Hilda Josephine Hennessey

Father’s Name: Alexander
    Mother’s name: Rita Mary
    Registration Year: 1942
    Registration Place: Eyde, New South Wales
    Registration Number: 30082

chris 2 April 2014 - 3:42 pm Reply

the listing for Harold connery’s death is that he was still born child

Jennifer Stone 7 April 2014 - 8:51 pm Reply

I would look up Births, deaths and marriages. Even property she may have owned may help link through Land Titles.
    You could think from Windsor she could have escaped to the city, so Rookwood Cemetry would be a place to look. Within the cemetry’s you can ask about names if they are buried in the cemetry.

I think Harold Connery allegedly is not right. Many people when they had a still born had the next child called similar name.

Lynda 15 April 2014 - 9:09 am Reply

Hello friends..thx for responding to this post in the search for my Mother’s mother…the man she ran off with is called Henry James convery…known as Harry..
    We have found nothing on either one of them since they left apart from divorce records etc, which were instigated by my grandfather some years later on grounds of desertion…same goes for Harry as I’m in contact with his grandson who also has been searching..
    Hilda’s birth name is hennessey…she called herself hilda upton on her marriage certificate…and was hilda hall when she disappeared…such a mystery…so many readers have gone out of their way to do searches for us and we are so very grateful that you all took a moment from your lives to share and respond!
    Thx again!
    Lynda

Sarah 5 February 2016 - 10:22 pm Reply

Hi Lynda,

Did you ever have any luck tracing Hilda or Harry? I have a, somewhat remote, connection to Harry and have just come across this mystery.

Regards