In an exciting collaboration between Inside History and the National Library of Australia, comes the campaign Inside History Supports Trove. In a national crowd-funding effort to raise funds and awareness, the campaign endeavours to get a newspaper digitised on the National Library’s Trove page. Click here to read more, and have your say in which newspaper you would like to see digitised.
The shortlisted newspapers include:
- Smith’s Weekly (Sydney) (1919-1950)
- Gympie Times (1923-1954)
- Laura Standard and Beetaloo, Wirrabara, Melrose, Booleroo Centre and Yarrowie Advertiser (1889 – 1917) & Laura Standard and Chrystal Brook Courier (1917 – 1948)
- Hobart Town Advertiser (1839-1861) & Advertiser (1862-1865)
- Hamilton Spectator (1860-1913)
- South Western Times (1917-1929, 1932-1954)
Click here to vote now!