Inside History magazine is for people passionate about Australian and New Zealand genealogy, history and heritage. The Nov-Dec 2013 edition (issue 19) has arrived.
Voices from the past: Inside History’s Remembrance edition, Issue 19: Nov-Dec 2013, has arrived! You’ll find:
- Our exclusive Great War diary excerpts from the State Library of NSW’s new digitisation project
- The personal letters and diaries in the Australian War Memorial’s new exhibition, ANZAC Voices
- Award-winning author Janet Butler talks about researching World War I army nurses
- Read about the two New Zealand pilots who became best friends during in World War II
- Renowned genealogist Shauna Hicks shows you how to find your World War servicewomen
- An introduction to The Benevolent Society and its archives
- Ned Kelly by Peter FitzSimons: the author discusses the iconic outlaw and his new book
- Our Gatsby-inspired getaway in the Blue Mountains
- A history of Australian scrapbooking – you’ll never guess which quirky sources some early Aussie genealogists kept for posterity!
- Australia’s first great recycling scheme in the wake of World War II
- Read how two men’s Great War experiences and later lives were intertwined through their granddaughter’s research
- How our photo-dating experts help solve readers’ family history mysteries, from a Welsh WW1 soldier to an 1870s family portrait
- A new biographical database that’s linking together our 19th-century ancestors
There’s a dream digitisation kit, including a Kaiser Baas photo scanner, photo maker and video converter, up for grabs in our exclusive subscription offer, as well as opportunities to network with other genealogists, giveaways, book reviews and app reviews!
And much more – in fact, 76 pages of terrific features, practical information on genealogy, chances to network with other family historians, and book and app reviews. On sale now online – click here to buy!
Issue 19 is available in newsagents nationally – click here to see where. If your local newsagent doesn’t stock us though, then they should be able to put a standing order in for you from Gordon & Gotch [G&G] – our title number is 11904 and G&G is on 1300 650 666, if your agent asks. Once your newsagent sends in your request, we’ll make sure that our next edition, Issue 20: Jan-Feb 2014, is sent there for you!
Packed as always with in-depth family history research advice, the latest news and events, and features on Australia’s social history and heritage, Inside History magazine is Australia’s leading bi-monthly for people who are passionate about the past. It’s available from newsagents nationally, on iPad via Apple Newsstand, and for Android and desktop computers through Zinio.
- In the newsagents our RRP is A$10.50 in Australia and NZ$11.95 in New Zealand.
Or subscribe and have it delivered straight to your door, and don’t forget our back issues are also available from our online shop or digitally via Zinio and the iPad Newsstand if we sold out of the paper copy!
- Our subscriptions in Australia are A$31.50 for 6 months and A$63.00 for 12 months.
- Our subscriptions in New Zealand are NZ$51.50 for 6 months and NZ$103.00 for 12 months.
That’s right, we’re available digitally anywhere in the world and you’ll never have to worry about us selling out! Take your Inside History magazine collection wherever you take your tablet and save on storage space at home! Your tablet lets you have your library in your handbag or briefcase!
Our digital magazines are 40% cheaper to subscribe to in Australia and 60% cheaper in New Zealand and the rest of the world! You pay A$19.99 for a 6 month digital subscription on either Zinio or iPad, instead of A$31.50 in Australia for our paper copy or A$51.50 internationally. Try our digital magazines today on iPad or Zinio!
For more information, please contact us at the office, we love hearing your stories! Happy reading!
There are a number of ways to subscribe and arrange delivery of Inside History magazine:
- Email us on info [at] insidehistory.com.au, including the completed subscription form
- Post a completed renewal form to PO Box 406, Erskineville, Sydney, 2043
- Fax a completed renewal form to 02 8580 6237
- Go online and buy a 6 or 12 month subscription, on our online shop
- Call us on 02 9590 9600 and subscribe or renew over the phone
- Or subscribe to our digital magazines anything in the world via iPad or Zinio
- Our subscriptions start from $31.50 for 6 months and subscribers get free postage to Australian addresses