Inside History magazine is for people passionate about Australian family history and heritage, with features and practical tips to help you trace your family tree and discover the life your ancestor led. Whether you want to explore convict history, find your Anzac, identify photographs or trace your family tree, our trusted expert advice will help you discover your past.
In issue 38, the Autumn 2017 edition of Australia’s favourite history and genealogy magazine, you’ll discover:
- 150+ new family history resources and records online
- The daring escapades and escapes of a 20th-century WA bushranger
- The future of genealogy: Shauna Hicks on what’s to come
- An eccentric Australian artist and the controversial 1944 court case that divided the art world
- A tale of two convicts: two men convicted for the same crime in 1817 who went on to lead very different lives
- Unsung Aussie hero Joice NanKivell Loch
- An eyewitness account and rescue attempt in Pompeii after the fateful eruption — behind the scenes of the ANMM’s latest exhibition
- Expert photo-dating tips on postcard portraits
- The legends (and history) of Elizabeth Scott, alleged murderess
- Australia’s new additions to the UNESCO Memory of the World register, from early records to Dorothea Mackellar’s poetry to Indigenous artworks
- Around Australia in 11 World Heritage listed convict sites
- The latest history news, events, book and app reviews, and more. On sale now!
And much more – in fact, 68 pages of terrific features, practical information on genealogy, chances to network with other family historians, and book and app reviews. On sale now online – click here to buy from our online shop or read a free extract here.
Or subscribe and have it delivered straight to your door, and don’t forget our back issues are also available from our online shop or digitally via Zinio and the iPad Newsstand if we’ve sold out of the paper copy.
- Australian subscriptions are $35 for 12 months, and $50 for 18 months
- New Zealand subscriptions are A$90 for 18 months
That’s right, we’re available digitally anywhere in the world and you’ll never have to worry about us selling out! Take your Inside History collection wherever you take your tablet and save on storage space at home. Your tablet lets you have your library in your handbag or briefcase. Click here to learn more about our digital issues.
For more information, please contact us at the office, we love hearing your stories. Happy reading!
There are a number of ways to subscribe and arrange delivery of Inside History magazine:
- Post a completed renewal form to GPO Box 1846, Sydney NSW 2001
- Purchase a 12-month or 18-month subscription on our online shop
- Call us on 02 8227 6486 and subscribe or renew over the phone
- Or subscribe to our digital magazines anything in the world via iPad or Zinio
- Our subscriptions start from $25 for 6 months and subscribers receive free postage to Australian addresses